The following timeline summarizes a long history (from 2000-present) of ASU and Barrett administrators silencing rape victims and protecting honors professors who sexually abuse students.
Arizona State University is currently under federal investigation for enabling sexual violence and rape on campus and violating Title IX. The investigation has been ongoing since 2012, and ASU has been required to take interim measures during the investigation to prevent future violations.
The Hunting Ground exposes colleges that cover up rape and protect sexual predators.
“I thought if I told [ASU administrators] they would take action, but the only action they took was against me.” – SDASA founder Jasmine Lester, The Hunting Ground
A full time position ensuring Title IX compliance is long overdue, and it’s important to note Preudhomme’s history as a lawyer for ASU during three public Title IX lawsuits (2009, 2010, 2014) and both federal Title IX complaints under investigation by the Department of Education (2012, 2014).
- 11 Barrett profs named in federal complaint
- Dr. Joel Hunter dismissed for sexual abuse of undergrad
- Dr. David Conz suicide after dismissal for giving alcohol to underage student/girlfriend
- Dr. Eric Susser dismissed for sexual abuse of undergrads 10 years after ASU PD caught him flashing students
- Dr. Eric Susser leaves drugs/paraphernalia on campus 15 months after dismissal
- ASU Senate votes down policy that would have better protected students