The following timeline summarizes a long history (from 2000-present) of ASU and Barrett administrators silencing rape victims and protecting honors professors who sexually abuse students.
A full time position ensuring Title IX compliance is long overdue, and it’s important to note Preudhomme’s history as a lawyer for ASU during three public Title IX lawsuits (2009, 2010, 2014) and both federal Title IX complaints under investigation by the Department of Education (2012, 2014).
- 11 Barrett profs named in federal complaint
- Dr. Joel Hunter dismissed for sexual abuse of undergrad
- Dr. David Conz suicide after dismissal for giving alcohol to underage student/girlfriend
- Dr. Eric Susser dismissed for sexual abuse of undergrads 10 years after ASU PD caught him flashing students
- Dr. Eric Susser leaves drugs/paraphernalia on campus 15 months after dismissal
- ASU Senate votes down policy that would have better protected students
At least three Barrett Honors professors are no longer teaching at Arizona State University after their contracts were not renewed. FOX 10 uncovered a pattern of sexual relationships between students and professors within the honors college. Relationships that ultimately led to some professors leaving the University, and some students claiming sexual abuse.